a note to educators
Have a family emergency? A last minute gig opportunity? Do you require a mental health week, or just need a little beach time? When one runs a private studio, leaving town can cause all kinds of difficulties, not the least of which is answering the question, “Who would teach my students?” As a traveling Suzuki substitute, I can help your program, no matter how large or small, keep up with students and ensure consistency while allowing you to take that much needed break.
Additionally, my workshops are hailed by college presidents and early childhood educators alike. Whether it’s a master class in improvisation, a lecture on jazz violin history or an exploration of world fiddle stylings, I keep it fun, exciting and accessible while engaging ages 3 to 103.
For Teachers and program directors
- Individual lessons, masterclasses and group classes for books 1-8.
- Parent discussion groups.
How about a break from the norm?
- Improvisation, performance, theory, composition, and world fiddle styles.
- Performances by Randal and/or student ensembles.
lessons with Randal
If you are an intermediate or advanced violinist and are looking for help with preparing for an audition, are interested in studying alternative styles, or want help with theory or composition, contact Randal to discuss your goals and to set-up a time to get together. Randal travels extensively and may be in your area soon!
WORKSHOPS AND CLINICS
• Master Classes/Ensembles
• World Fiddle Styles
• Classical/Suzuki Pedagogy
• History of Violins in Jazz
• Sound Effects for Strings
• Motivating Your Student
• Improvisation for Teachers